fizik p1 sbp mid year spm 2008
Post on 23-Apr-2017
Embed Size (px)
4531/1FizikKertas 1MEI20081 jam
SEKTOR SEKOLAH BERASRAMA PENUHBAHAGIAN SEKOLAH
KEMENTERIAN PELAJARAN MALAYSIA
PEPERIKSAAN PERTENGAHAN TAHUN TINGKATAN 5 2008
Satu jam lima belas minit
JANGAN BUKA KERTAS SOALAN INI SEHINGGA DIBERITAHU
1. Kertas soalan ini mengandungi 50 soalan.2. Jawab semua soalan.3. Jawab dengan menghitamkan ruangan yang betul pada kertas jawapan.4. Bagi setiap soalan hitamkan satu ruangan sahaja.5. Sekiranya anda hendak menukarkan jawapan , padamkan tanda yang telah dibuat.6. Kemudian hitamkan jawapan yang baru7. Satu senarai rumus disediakan di halaman 28. Penggunaan kalkulator saintifik yang tidak boleh diprogramkan adalah dibenarkan
Kertas soalan ini mengandungi 23 halaman bercetak
The following information may be useful. The symbols have their usual meaning.
1. v2 = u2 + 2as
2. a =t
3. s = ut +2
4. Momentum = mv
5. F = ma
6. Kinetic Energy = mv2
7. Gravitational Potential Energy = mgh
8. Elastic Potential Energy =2
10. Pressure in liquid, P = hg
11. Pressure, P=A
12. Heat, Q = mc
13. Heat, Q = m
15. E = mc2
16. v = f
17. Power, P =Time
20. n =r
21. n = real depthapparent depth
22. Q = I t
23. V = IR
24. Power, P= IV
25. g = 10 ms-2
Each question is followed by three, four or five options. Choose the best option foreach question then blacken the correct space on the answer sheet.
1. Which of the following is the most accurate equipment?
B. Vernier callipers
C. Micrometer screw gauge
2 Which of the following measurements of length is the longest
A 2520 cmB 0.252 kmC 0.252 GmD 0.00252 MmE 2520000 mm
3 Diagram 3 shows the reading of a part of vernier callipers when measuring thethickness of a book.
What is the thickness of the book?
A 0.51 cmB 0.41 cmC 0.91 cmD 1.01 cm
4. A student carries out an experiment to study the relationship between the lengthof a pendulum and a period of oscillation. Which of the following statements isnot true about the experiment?
A. The length of the string of the pendulum is the manipulated variableB. The responding variable is determined by a stopwatchC. The period of oscillation is the x-axis when plotting the graphD. The mass of the pendulum used must be the same
Based on the velocitytime graph above, calculate the total distance travelled.
A 6 mB 16 mC 24 mD 30 mE 46 m
6. Which of the following graphs represents the correct relationship for velocity thatis directly proportional with time?
7. Which of the following shows an object moving with decreasing acceleration ?
8. The diagram shows a coin is placed on a cardboard covering the top of abeaker. When the card is quickly pulled horizontally , the coin falls into thebeaker.
Which property of the coin makes this possible?
A DensityB InertiaC VolumeD Thickness
Diagram 9 shows two identical balls moving towards each other with velocities uand collides with a perfect elastic collision. Which of the following is true aftercollision?
Velocity of P Velocity of QA Zero ZeroB Less than u in direction of R Less than u in direction of SC More than u in direction of R More than u in direction of SD Equals to u in direction of R Equals to u in direction of S
0.1 m s-1
10. Which of the following objects acted on by a pair of forces will accelerate?
11. A box of mass 2 kg moves with a constant speed of 0.1 m s-1 when a force of 6 Nis applied.
What is the frictional force acting on the box?
A 0 N C 3 NB 2 N D 6 N
3600 N2000 N
12 The diagram shows a high-jumper falls on a thick mattress.
The purpose of putting a mattress after the bar is to
A decrease the impulsive forceB decrease the stopping time of the high-jumper.C decrease the velocity of the high-jumper.D decrease the jumping time of the high-jumper.
13 A boy in a moving lift feels that his weight has become lighter. Which one of thefollowing statements is true ?
A The lift is accelerating upwardsB The lift is accelerating downwardsC The lift is deceleration downwards
14 A car of mass 800 kg is being driven along a level road. The engine supplies aforward force of 3600 N and the total resistive force is 2000 N.
What is the acceleration of the car?
A 2.0 m s-2
B 2.5 m s-2
C 4.5 m s-2
D 7.0 m s-2
Diagram 15 shows a container with a hole. When it is filled with oil, the oil willflow out from the hole .If the same experiment is carried out on the Moon, whatwill happen to x?
A unchangedB increasedC decreased
16 A pendulum bob is hang on a string at a fixed point. It is displaced from position 1and then released. It oscillates several times with decreasing amplitude beforestopping at position 2.
Where does the ball have the highest kinetic energy ?
A At position 1B The first time at position 2C The last time at position 2D At position 3
17 A dry battery can deliver 3000 J of energy to a small 2 W electric motor beforethe battery is exhausted. For how long does the motor run ?
A 1500 minutesB 100 minutesC 50 minutesD 25 minutes
18 Table 18 shows the input and useful output energy of three motors.
Which one is the most efficient?
A PB QC R
19 A spring of 10 cm length extends by 6 cm when a load of 30 N is attached to it.
When two identical springs are used to carry a 20 N loads, as shown in Diagram19, what is the length of the spring system?
A 2 cmB 4 cmC 6 cmD 12 cmE 15 cm
20 The height of the mercury column of a simple mercury barometer will decrease if
A the glass tube is tiltedB the diameter of the glass tube is increasedC air is filled into the vacuum region above the mercuryD the barometer is taken to the bottom of a swimming pool
Input energy/ kJ Useful outputenergy /kJ
Motor P 80 20Motor Q 40 14Motor R 60 45
21 Equal masses of oil are poured into four different containers as shown.
In which container is the pressure exerted by the oil on the base of the containeris the least?
A WB XC YD Z
22 Diagram 22 shows the water levels in a water manometer used to measure thepressure of a gas supply.
How much greater than the atmospheric pressure is the pressure of the gassupply?
A 2 cm waterB 5 cm waterC 10 cm waterD 12 cm water
W X Y Z
23 The diagrams below show a simple barometer. Which diagram correctly showsthe measurement taken to determine the atmospheric pressure?
24 Diagram 24 shows a simple hydraulic jack. The cross-sectional area of thesmaller piston is 5 cm2 while the cross-sectional area of the bigger piston is25 cm2. When a force is applied to the smaller piston, it moves down a distanceof 6 cm.
What is the distance moved by the larger piston?
A 0.4 cmB 0.8 cmC 1.2 cmD 1.6 cmE 2.0 cm
25 Diagram 25 shows an object floating on the surface of water. Which of thefollowing statements is true?
A The density of the object is greater than the density of the water.B The volume of water displaced is equal to the volume of the object.C The weight of water displaced is equal to the weight of the object.D The mass of the object is equal to the buoyant force on the object.
26 Diagram 26 shows a ping-pong ball that does not fall when the water flows .
Which principle explains the diagram ?
A Pascals principleB Bernoullis principleC Archimedes principle
27 Which of the following statements loses the highest heat in cooling to 10C?
A A kettle filled with water at 60CB A glass filled with boiling waterC A swimming pool filled with water at 30C.
28. Water is suitable to be used as a cooling agent because of its
A high heat capacityB high densityC high latent heatD high adhesive force between the molecules
29. The heat required to raise the temperature of 0.05 kg of a solid from 20oC to40oC is 2100 J. What is the specific heat capacity of the solid?
A 1400 J kg-1 oC-1
B 2100 J kg-1 oC-1
C 3200 J kg-1 oC-1
D 4200 J kg-1 oC-1
Filter funnel Water
Ping pong ball